Comments Off on 11 Ways to Shop at J.Crew for Less
Love J.Crew but not their pricing? Here are a few money saving tips from All You Magazine to help save you some bucks!
1. Use your student or teacher discount. If you’re a student or a teacher, show a valid photo ID at checkout to receive 15% off all in-store purchases. Although you can’t use this discount online, you can get a price adjustment for online purchases by bringing your receipt to a J.Crew store within 14 days.
2. Sign up for a J.Crew card. You’ll get 10% off your first purchase and will earn points on every purchase after that. For every $500 you spend, you’ll receive a $25 rewards card. Other benefits? Get complimentary alterations and early access to special sales.
3. Shop sale items. J.Crew has new markdowns every week in their sale section, but the best deals can be found when they offer an additional percentage off sale. Look for the big 30% and 40% off sales for the best deals.
4. Shop promotional sales. Not to be confused with regular sales! J.Crew frequently offers markdowns on full-price items for a limited time (such as “30% off all t-shirts”). You’ll find these deals sprinkled throughout the store, not in the sale section.
5. Shopping online? JCrew.com has $9 flat-rate shipping (or free shipping on orders of $175+), but you can bypass the shipping fee by ordering an item with an associate over the phone.
6. Go factory. For lower prices, shop at a J.Crew Factory store (find a location here) or online at Factory.Jcrew.com. The website frequently offers big markdowns on already-low prices. On a recent visit, they were having a 40% off everything sale.
7. Sign up for their email newsletters. I’m guilty of having a cluttered inbox and receive a lot of promotional emails, but those from J.Crew are among the few I actually open. They alert you of the latest sales and promotional deals, and occasionally reward you with a rare coupon: I recently received one in the mail for 25% off a future purchase.
8. Compare online and in-store prices. Sometimes items are cheaper online than they are in the store. If you see something on JCrew.com that’s less expensive than it is in the store, request to be given the online price.
9. Ask about secret sales. We spoke to a former J.Crew sales associate in New York City who told us that it never hurts to ask your store associate about secret sales. They don’t happen all the time, but occasionally the store will have discounts available that aren’t being heavily marketed.
10. If you’re petite, shop at Crewcuts. The quality is the same but the designs are cheaper, and equally gorgeous. Case in point: Crewcuts jewelry.
11. Buy (and sell) items online.Â If you’re looking for something basic like a blazer, coat or bag, head to Tradesy.com and type “J.Crew” into the search bar. The shopping website lets users sell new and gently used items from their closet, and they have many marked-down J.Crew styles.